[X-Newbies] Upgrading to Tiger

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 23:25:40 PDT 2005

On 19/7/05 Scott wrote:

>I would not yet recommend an erase & install as we don't have enough
>information to go on. What exactly do you mean by "have restored"?
>What are the peculiarities to which you refer? If there was disk
>damage, what does Disk Utility's first aid report now?
It was restored from a clone and then updated.  some apps fial to work
properly but this is generally cured by a reinstall - probably the cloned
copy which was not that up-to-date - overwrote some files or failed to
reinstall them.

I've run disk utility and Tech Tool to rebuild the directory all of which
seem OK.

cheers,

Chris