[X-Newbies] MacOSX and PPTP

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 02:04:11 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up a secure remote connection to my home
machine.  Having tried IPSec via IPSecuritas and VPN Tracker with a
compete lack of success, I decided to try PPTP using DigiTunnel.

This connects to the router with no problem but I cannot get the 'home'
disks to display on my remote machine.  I've tried 'Go' with the local IP
(192.x.x.x) and the user name but nothing happens.

Has anyone any ideas?  I believe PPTP is an MS protocol so this might
explain a lot!  I believe it's not as secure as IPSec for one thing - no
surprise there.

Any help appreciated

cheers,

Chris