[X-Newbies] Insignia C170 17-inch Flat Screen CRT Monitor (cross listed)

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jul 29 13:22:58 PDT 2005

Richard ramsowr said:

>Does anyone out their have any experence using a
>Insignia C170 17-inch Flat Screen CRT Monitor with a
>Mac G4 such as a QuickSilver? Overstock has them for
>under a $100.00

The model of Mac that you have is more or less irrelevant. You can use a
VGA monitor with your G4, it is an industry standard and your Quicksilver
has a VGA connector.

Insignia make some fine monitors, they have been highly rated in PC
World's ratings of monitors.

The gotcha is in the shipping.  CRT monitors are heavy,  If Overstock
wants to charge you normal UPS rates to ship you the monitor, this deal
can quickly become a bad deal.

Here is a monitor offer that might be about the same price, but the
monitor is bigger, and better, though in this case it is refurbished:
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=MON10142

I purchased my wife one of these for work, and it is so nice that all of
her co-workers are jealous!

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html