[X-Newbies] Re: OS 10.1.5 to Tiger(?)

Daniel Carter abz at inch.com
Sat Jul 30 22:34:03 PDT 2005

at 3:15 PM, 7/30/05, Randy B.Singer wrote:

>Daniel Carter said:
>
>>meanwhile, is there an external hard drive (160 to 250GB) that you
>>could heartily recommend?
>

>I recommend purchasing this hard drive case kit:
>
>Argosy $38
>http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=c:36232;p:10500933

<snip>

>Check this out:
>Amazon.com is offering the Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB IDE Hard Drive

<snip>

>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001407XU/104-9752658-800716
>5
>
>Randy B. Singer
>Co-Author of: The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

once, again, thanks so much for all the good, _and_ very timely
info/advice you're giving me. I'm pretty well sold on what you
recommend (I checked out the sites you gave me, and also some
reviews).

one thing, though, I'd like to be clear on, re: the Argosy hard drive
enclosure kit.

the PCMicroStore advertisement,
<http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=c:36232;p:10500933>,
states the following:

  System and other requirements:

     * Mac OS 8.6 / 9.X / 10.X or above (Ver.10.03,10.1,10.12)

not sure what they're saying there, but as long as it works with
Tiger, and I can put a clone of my hard drive on it from where I'm at
now (10.1.5), I'm fine with it.

by the way, do you know if I'd be able to purchase the Argosy kit
locally, here in New York City, at J&R or somewhere else in the city?

Daniel