[X-Newbies] ITunes storage and access

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 1 02:56:09 PDT 2005

I have an eMac partitioned OS 9/OS 10 plus 160GB on external HD. I also have
diminishing space on the OS 10 side, and 8 GB tied up in iTunes on '10'. The
'9' side is pretty empty. Lots of space on the external HD.

Is it possible to store the music on either the other partition or external
HD and yet still play the music easily on the iTunes program? That is
without having to manually move the files from location to location first?

I have already tried (at an Apple tech support suggestion) to copy the
folders to both locations then change iTunes prefs ->advanced ->change
location of folder -> ok. It seemed to make no difference, While the
original folder existed in 'music' iTunes played no matter what the file
path said, and when the original folder was deleted iTunes became blank.

Any suggestions? Would prefer not to install 10 on other partition if
possible.

Tony.
Emac OS 10.3.8 I GB SDRAM, Partition 37 GB OS 10.3.8 / 17 GB OS 9.2, LaCie
Porsche 160 GB external HD