[X-Newbies] ITunes storage and access

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 1 09:11:42 PDT 2005

On 2/6/2005 12:32 AM, "Alex" <lists at lexial.ca> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2005, at 09:53, Tony Johansen wrote:
>
>> Apple over here (Australia seems to be hiring people with minimal
>> English skills.
>
> Unlikely to be Apple employees. Outsourcing tech support is a major
> trend these days. You may think you're talking to someone in your own
> neck of the woods, but actually you might be talking to a bloke sitting
> at a desk in Bangalore, India (though usually they have excellent
> English skills).
I think in this case they were here in Sydney, I was transferred by the
receptionist without any discernable indication of international connection.
One was East Asian, the other Indian or Pakistani. Both had thick accents
and I had to several times ask what a word was, sometimes having to hear the
sentence 3 or 4 times to decipher the words.

> If you want to have a glimpse at what really goes on with tech support,
> try "We don't support that"
>
> <http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2004/02/23/no_support/index_np.html>
>
>> Can I also shoot my iMovie and iDVD files also yet access
>> them from 10, And iPhoto files?
>
> What do you mean by "shoot" the files? If you mean "move to another
> partition or drive", yes, but you should specify what versions of the
> OS and the other apps you are using.
Yes shoot the files over as in move them to make space on the OS 10
partition, make use of OS 9 space whilst accessing those files as now from
the Apps on OS X

OS 10.3.8 to OS 9.2 partition

IPhoto 4.0.3

Imovie 4.0.1