[X-Newbies] Anti-Virus

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 11 23:33:51 PDT 2005

What is the best solution for anti-virus protection?

I did have Norton/Symantec but my subscription ran out last month. Norton
sent me reminder e-mails to re-subscribe but, no matter how hard I tried, I
could not find the cost of that before purchasing, and no way of contacting
a human at the company to ask. Call me old fashioned, buy I NEVER buy
anything that won't reveal a price before purchase because I can't budget
for it.

I felt despite the relative security of the Mac, the Norton had Quarantined
about a dozen suspicious downloads over the year, enabling immediate
disposal, so had some value. I would appreciate listening to the experience
of others.

Tony.