[X-Newbies] Mail Lost an E-mail Item

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Mon Jun 13 17:20:33 PDT 2005

Can my ISP remove an e-mail item from Mail?  I am using Mail 1.3.9 with
Panther 10.3.7.

Last night, I told my wife that she had an e-mail that she should look
at.  I opened it to tell her what it said.  Today, she went to look for
it in the Inbox.  It is not there, we can't find it anywhere.  The
Trash does not have it.  I did not move it into any folders and I'm
sure I did not label it Junk.

I went to the cox.net web mail page for the account.  The missing
e-mail is not there either, although the preference is set to remove
copy from server after one week.  The only scenario I can speculate is
that the ISP's server lost the e-mail and then removed it from the Mail
Inbox when we downloaded e-mail today.

Thank you,

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.