[X-Newbies] Corrupted User Prefs

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 14 17:57:44 PDT 2005

On 15/6/2005 9:17 AM, "Randy B. Singer" <randy at macattorney.com> wrote:

> Look for a ".plist" file with the name of the application or its
> developer in the name.

There is no .plist file in Users/tonyjohansen/Library/preferences  which is
the account with the problem launching ToonBoomStudioExpress.

However in the account where the same copy of the software works fine the
preference file is easily found:  com.toonboomstudio2.5express.plist

Is the lack of preference file in the problem account likely to be the cause
of the crashing? Or is it that a file has yet to be created because the
program fails to launch?

Either way is there a fix possible? And is it likely to be an ongoing
problem or specific to this software only?

BTW I downloaded and ran Preferential Treatment and it gave the files a
thumbs up. The only flagged file (a symantec one) simply required my admin
password.

Tony.