[X-Newbies] Corrupted User Prefs

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Sat Jun 18 08:17:59 PDT 2005

On Jun 18, 2005, at 02:00, Tony Johansen wrote:

> partial success, rebooting without startup items allows ToonBoom to
> launch
> and operate normally.

Good for you, you've isolated the issue.

> Interestingly, rebooting with startup items enabled also allows
> ToonBoom to
> launch now, but it crashes a few seconds after all the tool palettes,
> canvas
> etc have loaded.

That's to be expected. Whatever interfered with Toon, will continue to
do so, but at a different point.

The next stage is to determine which app or combination of apps causes
the problem, using Activity Monitor. Quit all open apps, start Activity
Monitor, then identify in the process list your startup items (the ones
which would not appear in the new account). Then go recursively through
the list. Force the first one to quit, using the Quit Process command,
then try launching Toon. And so on. This should allow you to find the
troublemaker.

>  As to clearing font or user caches, I was uncertain from the Onyx
> website

<http://www.titanium.free.fr/download/OnyX_152.zip>

It's a good tool to have in your kitbag. As to font caches, however,
since they are not the problem, leave them alone. The golden rule: If
it ain't broke, don't fix it.

<0x0192>