[X-Newbies] Corrupted User Prefs

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 18 12:33:38 PDT 2005

On 19/6/2005 1:17 AM, "Alex" <lists at lexial.ca> wrote:

> The next stage is to determine which app or combination of apps causes
> the problem, using Activity Monitor. Quit all open apps, start Activity
> Monitor, then identify in the process list your startup items (the ones
> which would not appear in the new account). Then go recursively through
> the list. Force the first one to quit, using the Quit Process command,
> then try launching Toon. And so on. This should allow you to find the
> troublemaker.

It appears to be the Speech Synthesis Server. Don't know what that is, no
app by that name, suspect it may be what gives 'Vicki' her voice reading
sentences and alerts etc

Is this Speech Synthesis Server wise to remove? Can it be repaired? Is it a
simple matter of deleting in start-up items?

Tony.
BTW I downloaded and installed onyX and put it in the utilities folder for
future use.