[X-Newbies] OSX DVD Player App not working...

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 08:26:50 PDT 2005

Hello to all. This is my first post to this group and Im hoping someone
has "been there/done that" and can shed some light on this DVD Player
problem. I have OS9.2.2 on one drive and my updated OSX10.4.1 on a
second drive. Im trying to ease off of OS9.2.2 and get into my newest
OSX. Initially I would like to say that "Tiger" is a great improvement
over the previous versions.

Now my problem is this: My OS9.2.2 DVD player app version 2.7 works fine
with my newly installed Pioneer DVR-109 as did my previouse DVD-ROM:
Hitachi Model GD-3000. When I use either of these two drives in
OSX10.4.1 I only get the sound and the video is pixellated something
awful. Big blocky chuncks, mostly green in color. Pieces of the images
are viewable inbetween the random pixelation. Ive even tried Mplayer as
somone mention to me today. That won't work at all (doesn't work as
directions say it should).

    So, has anyone seen this problem? If I knew how to take a "Screen
Shot" I would send a reduced image so you could see this messy display.
I figure its not my ATI 8500 Display card because as I said earlier, it
works fine in OS9.2.2!

I would really appreciate any help you can send my way!

Thanks.
Tom

MAC: G4/OSX10.4.1/ATI Radion 8500 card/ 1gig ram/Pioneer DVR-109 ver:1.55!