[X-Newbies] Connecting to the Internet

Sue Rodriguez Sue.Rodriguez at usm.edu
Mon Mar 14 16:04:27 PST 2005

Good afternoon, all,

As of today, over half of the state of Mississippi must now dial their area
code and telephone number‹even when calling across the street‹because the
phone company is beginning to use a second area code over the same area.
Sorry, but I am really annoyed.  But this has created a problem.  I am
unable to change or delete the MAIN NUMBER in the Internet Connect box,
which I use to connect to the Internet.  When I put the area code in, it
prompts me to save it as MAIN  NUMBER 1.  However, I can¹t find anywhere to
make MAIN NUMBER 1 the default number, thus I must open the Internet Connect
window and manually select MAIN NUMBER 1 every time I want to connect to the
Internet.

My husband has an even stranger problem on his PowerBook.  When he opens his
Internet Connect window, everything is gray, thus he can¹t change anything
and he can¹t even connect manually.

Does anyone know what we need to do to clear up these problems?

Thanks in advance,

Sue