[X-Newbies] CD label-making program

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 09:49:44 PST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 10:12 AM, Sue Rodriguez wrote:

>  Does anyone have a program they really like and
> would recommend?  I would be interested in knowing why you like it.

I use Photoshop for that, primarily because its very flexible and its
easy to see what the label is going to look like when printed. Just
scan in an image of the template that comes with the labels, and use as
the top layer in your Photoshop document. Select the area that peels
off (the doughnut shape that is the label) and cut that out so you're
looking through the top layer at text and images below. Then throw
whatever text or images you want into the layout. Its sometimes
convenient to turn off the top layer when you're working, and then turn
it back on to check the layout. Be sure to turn the top layer off
before printing, because you don't want the guide lines on your final
output. Of course, that's not going to help much if you don't have
Photoshop.

SR