[X-Newbies] Installing Panther on a ethernet network?

John Mee john.mee at meefog.com
Mon Mar 21 17:04:46 PST 2005

Not the networking answer but here's how I've done it. The DV has a
firewire plug and should boot into target disk mode
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58583>and show up as a
volume on your G4 which you will be able to install to when the G4
boots off the install cd, you will need to get the firewire cable. Make
sure to download and run the firmware update while you still have 9.2.1
working.
<http://www.apple.com/support/imac/g3/>

John Mee