[X-Newbies] Installing Panther on a ethernet network?

Jane TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 21 17:18:53 PST 2005

I cannot imagine what that message was about not being able to install
from an external firewire drive..is there anything attached?

I just installed Panther on an iMac DV/500 SE with no problems. I
updated the 9.0.4 to 9.1 just so I could add the new firmware, then I
booted from the first OS X CD and wiped the drive and installed Panther
without a hitch.