[X-Newbies] Apples in Art

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Fri May 6 07:51:50 PDT 2005

Please reply OFF list.

In the interest of further expanding the foothold of OS X in the
education market here in Calgary I am looking for ideas. Here's the
scoop:
My wife will this fall be transferring to a brand new high school as
the Art teacher. She and her administration are trying desperately to
get Macs into the school. At present the board is all PC.
Her principal has asked her to put together the following - 'please
put together educational strengths that would be enhanced using Macs
in your curriculum.  Not a why Mac is better than PC scenario.  In
short, how a Mac would serve or enhance learning within your Art
program.  What benefits to student learning would there be?'
So, without bashing MS and/or PC's, I'm looking for ideas of how to
integrate Macs into the senior high art curriculum. No matter how off
the wall, wild and/or crazy, send along your ideas. We want to
overwhelm the 'powers that be' with information. Links to url's
appreciated.

--
William Lane
Calgary, Canada