[X-Newbies] drive failure

Robert rashton at telus.net
Mon May 16 21:03:11 PDT 2005

Thanks to smart drive tech I have received notification that one of
my drives is failing. At this moment I am backing up the data that is
on the drive to other media. It would really be nice if it gave a
reason for the drive failing. If it was failing because of bad blocks
formating the drive would solve that problem. If it a component on
the logic board one would know to replace the would drive or put the
drive away and see if one could come up with a new board. Anyway I am
glad that at least I got notification.  By the way the drive is just
14 months old. This is the fastest a drive has ever failed on me. Bob