[X-Newbies] Top posing in mail?

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Thu May 19 02:48:03 PDT 2005

Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> On May 18, 2005, at 4:21 AM, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
>
> > Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> >

> >> So what's the deal with Mail now doing replies as top-posting in
> >> Tiger (i.e., the cursor is at the top) ?!
> >>
> >> I'd hoped that 10.4.1 was going to fix it, but no joy there. Is there
> >> at least a setting that changes this?
> >
> > Just manually move the insertion point below quoted text.
>
> Well, thanks to my years of computing experience, I was able to work
> that out. But I'm more concerned about the newbies who aren't really
> aware of the difference.
>
> SR

Sorry, but anyone silly enough not to solve this annoyance by clicking
the mouse once... well, I'd better not go there ;-)

/begin rant

You have no idea the number of dumbarses who use "the program puts the
cursor there" as an excuse to top post. Even when you explain about this
amazing invention called the mouse, or the arrow keys - they don't want
to hear it. Nope - they've got to put their reply wherever the program
puts the freaking insertion point :-(

/end rant

Don't get me wrong - I've nothing against educating people who want to
learn (see my sig below :-) ). It's only those who use specious reasons
to perpetuate an annoying trend that bug me.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet