[X-Newbies] Top posing in mail?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 19 04:59:58 PDT 2005

What started as an amusing and tongue in cheek thread this morning has
become a forum for the fatuous it would appear, such as those who very
rudely call others inconsiderate.

There are valid arguments both ways. For me the mail opens at the top, and
there I like to see the message I am receiving, and I see previous posts in
the form of footnotes to refer to if necessary.

But really, this is a storm in a tea cup. It matters little whether top or
bottom is used just so long as it is consistent. So long as most of my mail
is top posted I'm happy to stick with that.

If Mr Genet's passions went into advocating universal standards we would all
be better off and have more time to see the humour in simple things.

Tony Johansen,
President, Transmanian Vampire and Bottom Poster Spotting Society.