[X-Newbies] Top posing in mail?

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Fri May 20 00:15:49 PDT 2005

Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> On May 19, 2005, at 8:36 PM, Brian Durant wrote:
[snip]
> > Don't get me started on
> > those people that insist on inserting their comments in between
> > snippets of replied to text :-)
>
> Lord no - wouldn't want the message to be intelligible . . .
>
> SR

LOL :-) Ok, let's all calm down (that goes for myself, as well). I'd
feel awfully guilty if my previous grumpy complaints lead to a flame war
on this list.

After all, this list is mean to be all about helping newbies. Not
beating them over the head (however much we may want to , now and
again).

I think, from this point on, I'll try to restrain my myself and just use
my top posting sig in replies to top posters. As for totally unreadable
muddled messes like Brian's post - I simply can't be bothered reading
them. Not because I'm mean, or trying to be a jerk. I honestly don't
have the time to decipher that sort of mess. I've too much work and too
few hours in the day to get it done. I cannot afford to spend ten times
the usual time reading a post and then fixing it's formatting, so I can
present a readable reply with appropriate quoted material.

Which brings up an important point - if you want help, annoying the
potential helpers and making them struggle to read you posts, is _not_ a
good way to solicit help.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet