[X-Newbies] file locks-can't save files

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue May 24 13:18:20 PDT 2005

On May 24, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Alex wrote:

> Be that as it may, it seems to me you might be having a problem
> with the immutable flag. Read
>
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106237>

This reminds me of a similar problem I've had that I just gave up on.
Some of my folders have the icons re-arranged after a reboot. Its
mostly ones above the user level, but not all of them. I've looked at
the permissions and I can't see anything different about the file
permissions or ownership between the ones that scramble and the ones
that don't. Its always the same folders, and they always revert to
the same state, even if I set view options to be the same as all
folders, or set special view options for that folder.

It never happens in my user account, so I just gave up on figuring it
out and just try to ignore it - but if anyone has any clues as to a
fix, that would be great.

thanks,
Steve