[X-Newbies] Re: mailing list question

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 28 22:40:48 PDT 2005

> From: Joan <joan144 at comcast.net>
>
> Is there a way to click on and open a numbered item on the "Today's
> Topics" list at the beginning of a mailing list? It's awkward to try
> remembering the numbers of topics I'm interested in reading.
> I'm on Mail and OS10.3.9.
> Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Not a dumb question at all.

You're apparently set for "digest" messages, which means you get a
day's worth of email in one loooong message roughly once a day.
There's no way I know of to "jump" to just the stuff you're
interested in -- that's not really the way mailing lists work.

You might want to switch to the more conventional "individual emails"
route, but set up a "rule" or "filter" in your email program that all
mail from this list go into a special folder. Then you can look into
the folder and only "open" those subjects you're interested in. Mail
(Apple's default mail program) will even thread them for you if you
like!

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org