[X-Newbies] Slow connection and 10.4.1

Richard Bienvenu bienvenur at missouri.edu
Sun May 29 14:08:34 PDT 2005

I just installed Tiger; it's grrrrrrrrreat. But, the upgrade, if that's
the word, OS 10.4.1 is, as I recall, 19mb. It'd probably take hours to
download it on my slow connection, even if it were to stay open. Can
anyone suggest a solution? I have a fast connection at work, but the
last time I tried that solution  (download the new version and burn a
CD) the software updater simply installed the newer software without
giving me a chance to make a copy.

Does Apple sell CDs of this upgrade? I can't find a thing on the Apple
site that suggests that they do.

Thanx,

Richard Bienvenu
Boone County, MO