[X-Newbies] Slow connection and 10.4.1

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Sun May 29 14:22:23 PDT 2005

On May 29, 2005, at 17:08, Richard Bienvenu wrote:

> I have a fast connection at work, but the last time I tried that
> solution  (download the new version and burn a CD) the software
> updater simply installed the newer software without giving me a chance
> to make a copy.

Are you saying you are using a Mac at work (lucky you!). If yes, you
should've used the Download Only command (rather than Install).
However, with v10.4.1, updates can include only specific files for the
machine you're downloading on. So you should use a browser to download
the update package from

<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/>

and use that one to update your home Mac.

<0x0192>