[X-Newbies] FTP advice

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Mon May 30 12:08:00 PDT 2005

I usually use R Browser and like it a lot. However, a client and I
are transferring massive amounts of material and their ISP's ftp
service is dog slow. Literally, 56K/sec. My ISP is 10 times faster
with downloads but they are not able to release to me the amount of
disk space I would need on short notice. In either case, the upload
speeds are still in the 60K range. We are connected to a fast
broadband service.

How easy would it be to set up my G5 as a temporary ftp server. I am
not an IT type of guy by any stretch of the imagination. And I have a
Linksys switch to configure, too.

Although OSX (10.4.1) will allow this, is it something only an IT
wizard should attempt?

Thanks,
Carter