[X-Newbies] Default account in Mail (Tiger) won't stay default.

Rob Griffiths robg at macosxhints.com
Sun Nov 6 05:10:54 PST 2005

On Nov 6, 2005, at 12:58 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> Tiger. The "#€% program won't maintain a consistent default account.
> Very irritating as I use different accounts for personal stuff and

Is that true even with "Send new mail from" in the Composing section
of Prefs set to your preferred account? I think it defaults to
"Account of last viewed Mailbox," which would explain the behavior
you're seeing.

This was only added in Tiger, I believe; before that, you were sorta
stuck with the revolving From account...

-rob.