[X-Newbies] Re: Wiki like colaborative software.

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Nov 11 15:38:55 PST 2005

> From: Brian Durant <globetrotterdk at gmail.com>
>
> Unfortunately, I am told that none of those will work as they all
> require PHP installed on the server the homepage is being served from
> and .mac doesn't support PHP.

Yes, that's right. .Mac isn't designed for sophisticated "web apps,"
it's designed to host photos and movies and that sort of thing.

You want a web "space" that will support the PHP coding found in
those apps (hint: any sort of web site that allows for interactive
features like that is most likely supporting one of the big scripting
languages). You can obtain PHP-supporting web space very
inexpensively from places like http://www.godaddy.com.

Cheers
Chas