[X-Newbies] Re: Re: Fire IM download.

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Nov 12 19:23:13 PST 2005

> From: Brian Durant <globetrotterdk at gmail.com>
>
> Sorry,
>
> What I get I get is a blank web page with the correct URL in the
> window, full stop. No attempt to download the file or any other action
> except the blank page.

Have you tried positioning the cursor at the end of that URL and
hitting "Return" (ie forcing Safari to try and load the page again?

Have you tried clearing your cache (under the Safari menu in the
menubar)?

I just went to <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fire/Fire.app.
1.5.3.dmg?download> to get a copy and again it drew the complete page
(in Safari) and, after picking a "mirror site," downloaded the file,
so I can assure you that it's something on your end and not a problem
with Safari.

_Chas_

"[Commercial] radio is absolutely the enemy of music. They  are my
sworn and mortal enemy, and I will have nothing to do with them." --
Elvis Costello, March 2003