[X-Newbies] Updates for 10.4.2

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 21 13:57:21 PST 2005

On Nov 21, 2005, at 3:38 PM, J wrote:

> YES
> And I can't have any interruptions.

Unless we know what your critical software is, we can't be of much help.

We're well past the stage where Apple puts things on software update
that universally hose everyone - and if 10.4.3 did that, you'd have
heard about it by now.

So you need to ask something specific, and probably on a forum
dedicated to your important software that can't be interrupted. If
you really want to be sure, you need a test box with a comparable
configuration. If the update hoses anything, it will most likely be
something obscure that is associated with your specific
configuration, not general users at large.

I've done every update immediately since I started with OS X back at
10.2.something without ever having any problems - but my 4 Macs are
very generic.

SR