[X-Newbies] Spotlight

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 26 19:53:49 PST 2005

I'm having two weird issues with spotlight

- first, when I try doing any kind of search in a finder window, it
never finds anything. The little whirlygig just goes around and
around forever. What might be up with that? I'm just assuming that
this isn't widespread as I haven't heard reports about it. So does
restarting the finder restart whatever service feeds Spotlight?

- second, the menu bar spotlight works great, but I can't see how to
add any restrictions to the search except the basic clicks on the
right. Am I just missing it, or did they leave this off?

SR