[X-Newbies] Strange App

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 07:07:01 PST 2005

Hi all,

I managed to resurrect my hard drive following a major crash (failed to
boot and wouldn't even mount) and did a fresh install of 10.4.3.  I
reinstalled Little Snitch and one of the first things that Snitch
blocked was an attempt by Syndication app which wanted to connect to
akamai.net on Port 80.

I've not come across this before so I blocked it.  Snitch gives the
details as below:

System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Syndication.framework/Versions/A/
Resources/SyndicationAgent.app/contents/MacOS/SyndicationAgent

Anyone know what it is?  I did wonder if it is connected with
NetNewsWire but it isn't something I have seen before.

cheers,

Chris