[X-Newbies] Lovely alternative web browser.

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Sat Oct 1 05:56:15 PDT 2005

Shiira's a tad slower than Camino, but still quite acceptable. It is a
lovely browser, and a refreshing change from the Mozilla based bunch and
Safari. I especially love that the tab's widths are proportional to
their title, plus - unlike Camino - you can drag tabs to rearrange their
order - excellent! :-)

Also, providing you've a large enough display, the sidebar for viewing
and editing bookmarks, history and downloads is great - _much_ better
than taking over the active tab!

Now if only Shiira saved the open window/tab state like Opera and was a
tad faster, it would be the perfect browser for me. But as it stands
it's still a hell of good browser, given how recently it arrived at v1.

Anyone else here tried it out?

Shiira URLs:

Shiira's home page <http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/en>

Versiontracker page