[X-Newbies] Mail quits suddenly in Tiger on G5.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:03:53 PDT 2005

Since I posted last, I have confirmed a bug. Whether it is with Tiger
or with the Mighty Mouse software, I am not sure, but it has been
confirmed by Apple staff at my local Apple Centre here in Copenhagen.
Try this, but be forewarned:

Go to system prefs, then keyboard and mouse. Make sure that you set
set "expose App windows" for when you press the buttons on both sides
of the mouse. (I sometimes tense up and press them when I am dragging
a file to the desktop. Too much #*! on my table). Now select a file in
a window that you want to drag to the desktop. After you have selected
the file and start dragging, press the two buttons at the same time.
If you did it correctly, you can't select a Finder window or program
window with your mouse. None of the columns in the left of the menu
bar work at all, while the columns on the right only work slowly. A
force quit of programs and a restart of the Finder doesn't help
either. You have to do a hard restart of your computer.

I can do this on a G5 single running Tiger, but have also been able to
do this on a new iMac running Tiger and with a Mighty Mouse with
software.

Have fun ;-)

Brian