[X-Newbies] web design software info

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 10 21:36:06 PDT 2005

On 11/10/2005 2:05 PM, "Randy B.Singer" <randy at macattorney.com> wrote:

> In my experience, most ordinary users who want to create or modify a Web
> page don't want to learn, or deal with, HTML.  They want a WYSIWYG (What
> You See Is What You Get) program, similar to a word processor or page
> layout program.  There are a number of these for ordinary users, some of
> which are free!

Very true, although learning a smattering of HTML is hard to avoid as time
goes by and the more you learn the easier it all gets, and these WYSIWYG
programs make it easy to switch from HTML code view to 'normal' view making
it easy to make changes and see the results as you go.

Down the track, when your site is live, the easiest and quickest way to
update and generally tweak your site is using the built-in HTML editors
which are found in the 'file manager' of most hosting control panels.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life In Art