[X-Newbies] bookmarks/mail importing?

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Fri Oct 14 23:54:59 PDT 2005

X-Noob Listas Gurus All
G'day to All

A query, on X.2.8 in Safari it seems there is no builtin way of
importing
my ol' Bookmarks and the Help suggested way(convoluted) doesn't seem to
work
for me either, even with an Exported Safari Bookmarks saved file from
X.3.9,
and even tho all my other browsers(ie; Camino, Opera, Netscape,
FireFox, with
no IE or Entourage/MS found or installed here) have all imported them
all of
them very user-friendly well. And I may add that using URLManager Pro
is the
best all'round way to go, but the coins for that goodie haven't popped
up yet.

Also, would anyone be aware of a reason for Safari in X.2.8 to be
unhappy
enough to stop working following an install of either; Palm Desktop,
Palm
Conduet, Safari de-Bugger, or the Safari MailScripts v 1.3.7? fyi- I've
since, removed all those located in Login items, and de-installed the
de-Bugger Enabler and trashed the MailScripts and apple.safari.plist,
restarted and now Safari boots well. but I'm afraid to re-install or re-
enable any of the above addon questionable items for a fear that Safari
will become unhappy enough to stop booting altogether once again.

While I'm here, it may be prudent to ask what is/are the usual way to
import
all my mail from X.3.9's Mail to X.2.8's Mail by using a Zip drive(not
many
mails do 'member I'm an X-noob), and which files are the needed one's
to move?,
most likely found in my User Folder(I guess)?, and are the locations
the same
in both of my used X Systems(on different LEM Macs)?

Other questions for you X Gurus(tho not too far OT ;=)), so Please
indulge
me) are on OS9.2.2 and it's own needed files for a better use with OSX
and
Classic GUI, and all somehow tied in specifically with using OS9's
SoftWare
Update application to recieve the needed update files, what are the
names of
the files?, and is it absolutely necessary to use SWU to get them?, and
have
them installed thru that process?, or is it possible to download and
install
them myself?, any workarounds(as I've not yet started Classic from
within X
nor ventured out on the Net while booted in OS9(altho I boot off-line
and do
use alot of apps there) since installing X, hence the questions.

Any help, advise, ideas or suggestions, will be much appreciated. TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
cornettATgolDOTcom

/