[X-Newbies] Re: Safari crashing and freezing in Tiger on a G5.

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Oct 19 23:32:12 PDT 2005

> From: Brian Durant <globetrotterdk at gmail.com>

> How can I clear the cache without reseting Safari and losing all of
> my cookies?

In Safari, go to the Safari menu (to the left of the File menu).

Select "Empty Cache."

(This will not reset Safari -- that's a different command on that
same menu -- nor will it delete cookies. It will, as the name
implies, ONLY delete the temporary "cache" files.)

Cheers
Chas

ps. For overall system maintenance, I do second the recommendation to
download, learn to use and use OnyX on a regular (monthly should be
about right) basis.