[X-Newbies] "help" help

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Oct 20 18:06:18 PDT 2005

cy said:

>> Have a look at:
>> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25667>
>> <http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/helpviewer.html>
>
>I'm afraid that didn't do it.  Should I try other file names rather
>than the one suggested in kmosx?  I presume the name doesn't matter. Or
>do I also delete the "com.apple" prefix? (I know, I know, but it is a
>Newbies list.)

Did you do exactly this?:

   1. Open your Home > Library > Preferences folder.
   2. Trash the following three files, if extant:
         1. com.apple.help.plist
         2. com.apple.helpui.plist
         3. com.apple.helpviewer.plist
   3. Open your Home > Library > Caches folder.
   4. Trash the com.apple.helpui folder.
   5. Empty the Trash.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html