[X-Newbies] Moving Netscape mail files via Firewire

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 25 13:45:03 PDT 2005

On Oct 25, 2005, at 3:48 PM, Steven Rogers wrote:

> I'm not sure you have to export first, so long as the remote files
> are mounted via firewire. Here's an example from an older version
> of Mail - some googling should turn up more:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9o8ss

I think we are talking about two different things -- one is getting
the HD to mount so she can EXCHANGE files, and then, how to bring her
old email files into her new email program which requires
'importation' of the file(s). One has nothing to do with the other.

She can carry the exported file over to the other machine in a number
of different ways, not just Target Disk Mode... as she can with any
other files she wants to transfer. She said she is using Netscape on
both, not Mail.app so she needs to have an old Netscape file that the
new Netscape program can read.. Correct me if I'm wrong.