[X-Newbies] Re: Moving Netscape mail files via Firewire

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Oct 27 22:22:09 PDT 2005

> From: Tony Johansen <tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au>
> For example if I work on my
> blogs in Safari I have only 2 tools available in the tool bar with
> Safari.

I thought only newbies updated their blogs with a web browser!

I use a blog-orientated word processor called BlogApp to do mine --
it has all the custom tags in it and I can add others if I want.

> And this is not to mention the number of financial institutions
> that do not
> support Safari

I've heard of exactly TWO institutions that have problems. All the
banks and credit unions I've dealt with work just fine on Safari.

> Firefox could do it, time for Apple to
> catch up. You listening Steve?

Should I point out to you that "Steve" doesn't actually write the
code for Safari? Is anyone actually this dumb?

The lead developer of Safari is the former PRINCIPLE AUTHOR of what
you call Firefox. Feeling a bit red-faced yet? No? How about once I
tell you that he maintains a blog about Safari ... on Mozillazine?

>  When developing websites Netscape has a beautiful built in WYSIWYG
> editor
> called composer which puts it head and shoulders above the other
> browsers.

Yes, but not above real WYSIWYG and non-WYSIWYG HTML editors ...

> As to mail, its hard not to like a program that goes whoosh when
> the mail
> goes... But, I have 16 e-mail addresses on Mail

Problem identified. Nobody on EARTH needs 16 separate email addresses
unless they are diagnosed with multiple personalities. You're using
email addresses to cover up your lack of organizational and archiving
skills there, Sybil.

I'm guessing also that you probably have never removed old
attachments or archived off any of your old mail, resulting in a mail
database that is probably several gigs by now. Geez, can't imagine
why that might cause problems ...

_Chas_

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most
people use Windows is like saying that all other restaurants are
inferior to McDonald's.