[X-Newbies] about mail

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Sep 1 12:24:46 PDT 2005

On Sep 1, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Steven Rogers wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2005, at 8:38 AM, Raoul Armfield wrote:
>
>> Menno Tillema wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I' ve made a transition from PMMail (for OS/2, see
>>> www.pmmail2000.com) to Apple mail. What I _do_ like is the ability
>>> to  select some text, type apple-R and to get a new message with
>>> little  quoted text. At last (as with pmmail) a decent way of
>>> quoting!
>>> What I _don' t_ like is the way to reply to  from mailing lists.
>>> When  one hits reply, the only adress one gets, is the list address.
>>> Is  there a way to select the from address to reply "off list"? I
>>> couldn't find this in the help-files.
>>
>> This is generally a issue not with your mail client rather with the
>> list -serve software that the mailinglist you belong to uses.
>>  What happens is that the software substitutes the address to the
>> list for the replyto address.  This is done with the idea that any
>
> The easiest way to do this is, after hitting reply, click the list
> address in the TO line, hit delete, then click and drag the sender's
> email address from the original mail message to the TO line of your
> current message.

Yes, that is what I do once in a while.  But I have another Mail
quibble.  When I reply to any mail, the original mail window just
disappears.  Then to continue reading a list mail in digest mode, I
have to go back to the Inbox to reopen it.  And I sometimes have to go
back to the Inbox for the original mail if I decide to change something
in the way I deleted portions of the quoted text.  I did not have to do
that in Outlook Express with OS 9.

Any way to keep that original mail window open?

Thanks,

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.