[X-Newbies] about mail

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Sep 1 12:33:20 PDT 2005

On Sep 1, 2005, at 2:24 PM, Al Poulin wrote:

> But I have another Mail quibble.  When I reply to any mail, the
> original mail window just disappears.  Then to continue reading a
> list mail in digest mode, I have to go back to the Inbox to reopen it.

I guess since I usually just read the email in the main Mail window,
I've never noticed this behavior. If you want, you can open the
message in a separate window, go back to the main Mail window and hit
the reply button there. That gives you separate windows for both the
original and the reply.

You can also do it the other way, hit the Reply button when the
message is selected in the main Mail window, then double-click to
open the original message.

-Mike