[X-Newbies] New iMic with Tiger?

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:00:51 PDT 2005

> Make sure your microphone is plugged into the iMic and that the iMic
> is plugged into a USB port as a previous poster mentioned. Also make
> sure that the switch on the iMic is slid towards the speaker icon.

The microphone is plugged into the jack with the microphone icon in
the iMac. The switch is slid to towards the speaker icon (don't
understand the logic of the switch not being in the microphone
position, but that is another discussion). The iMic is plugged into my
Kensington USB hub.

> Go open System Preferences and select the Sound icon. Click on the
> Input tab. Your iMic should be listed in the "Choose a device for
> sound input" field. In my case it is listed as "iMic USB audio
> system". If it's not listed then somehow your system is not
> recognizing the iMic.

The iMic is not listed in my system. Switching the microphone from one
jack to the other makes no difference.

I probably should mention that I am running Tiger on a G5 single.

Cheers,

Brian