[X-Newbies] Mail quits suddenly in Tiger on G5.

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Sep 27 17:32:42 PDT 2005

Brian Durant said:

>I have suddenly developed a problem with the Mail app quitting
>suddenly while I am composing an e-mail. Anyone come across this
>before? I am using Tiger on a G5 single.

Generally if an application suddenly quits under OS X, the first thing to
suspect is a corrupted user preferences file.  Try:

Preferential Treatment (free)
http://homepage.mac.com/jonn8/as/html/pt.html

If that doesn't help, I would try manually uninstalling Mail.app's
preferences file.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html