[X-Newbies] How to get Mail.app to delete mail on server.

Aldo Johnson deetya at cbn.net.id
Wed Sep 28 23:11:26 PDT 2005

Dear 'Listas

I'm just wondering how I can delete my e-mail on the mailserver as
soon as I've downloaded it? Or, in Apple parlance, "remove copy from
server after retrieving a message."

Of course, I can go to preferences->accounts->advance and click the
"Remove now" button, but I'd like this removal to happen automatically.

I thought the "Right away" selection means that e-mails are removed
from the server as they are downloaded, right away, but it doesn't do
that. After downloading my e-mail, I went to the webmail version of
my e-mail account. The e-mails are still there, in my mailbox.

So, is there a way to immediately remove the copy on the server after
retrieving a message?

I'm driving a Mac Mini 1.42GHz with 10.4, with Mail.app 2.0

Thanks in advance.

New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any
other reason but because they are not already common.
--John Locke, philosopher (1632-1704)