[X-Newbies] Transferring Entourage Address Book Contacts

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Mon Aug 21 14:32:59 PDT 2006

On Aug 21, 2006, at 12:48 PM, Clive Read wrote:

> Jack Corcoran wrote:
>> I would like to transfer the contents of the Entourage 2004
>> address book in
>> my Mac Mini to a Dual USB iBook G3 which is using Entourage X.
>> Would be
>> most grateful for any advice on how best to accomplish this.  Keep it
>> simple, please. Thanks in advance.

you'll probably need to upgrade the ibook 20 2004. 2004 can import
from v. X, but I don't believe v.X will import from 2004.

Once you have the ibook running 2004, just copy over the microsoft
user data folder (in your documents folder).

> I LOVED Entourage but had to move to Thunderbird because Entourage
> had such a low storage limit. I'd love to go back to Entourage,
> provided I could reinsert the messages I have in Thunderbird, AND
> those I left on my server.  I thought it unreasonable that
> Entourage could only cope with 4 Gb of info.
>
> Is there an answer?

Upgrade to Entourage 2004. The size limit is larger than any hard
drive you have. There is a limit of 1 million *items* though.

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/size.html