[X-Newbies] take my G5 to France?

John Sparks jmsparks1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 1 19:17:49 PST 2006

Hi Carole:
Most travel shops  sell a kit that plugs into the Europe style
outlets,even Brookstone.
I don't remember if France is on 60 Cycle or not, that would be the
only problem.
Good luck   John
On Dec 1, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Carole Wessel wrote:

Bonjour dear Mac friends

I have a Dual 2 GHZ  PowerPC G5 which I bought 2 years ago.
I am planning to move to France this month (for good) and take my
computer (and my Apple Cinema Display) with me.

However, in the USA the AC is 110, in France it's 220.
Can I take the computer and will it work?  without buying a transformer?
What about the Apple Cinema Display?

Don't tell me to buy a new one there, I am going to be arriving with
my computer in my suitcase and will start working right away on my
freelance.

I did call Apple Support, they said it was fine (just had to buy a
new plug), but I had already ask them a similar question this summer
for another computer and they told me the wrong answer – I took my
old  (white) E-mac to France, they said it was going to work on the
220v and it did not...) that's why I need some more help from you guys.

Merci.
Carole