[X-Newbies] Configuring Mail in Tiger

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Feb 9 02:45:35 PST 2006

 I am having problems with configuring my wife's email account on her eMac.
She is running Tiger. This is the full story:

 I created 3 email addresses on her web hosting account:
info at wellbeingatmacquarie.com.au
lynda at wellbeingatmacquarie.com.au
paula at wellbeingatmacquarie.com.au

I set up info at wellbeingatmacquarie.com.au on my eMac in Mail and it works
perfectly. both ingoing and outgoing. I am using 10.3.9

The problem I had today was when I was at Paula's office and tried to set up
paula at wellbeingatmacquarie.com.au on her office computer. It is also an eMac
running OS 10.4.3 it accepted the info for incoming server but outgoing just
brings up an error message 'outgoing smtp server not responding' I am not
familiar with Tiger and this is the first time Mail has been used on this
computer. It brings up a set up box. It does not allow me to enter or check
that it is using port 25

I presume there is a preference somewhere that needs changing. I have just
gotten off the phone to her checking any differences with my Mac. Can't find
any real differences under system preferences and Mail preferences is greyed
out.

Any suggestions. Assume a minimum of computer savvy and zero knowledge of
Tiger.

Thanks

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com