[X-Newbies] MAC VIRUS

carwesg at aol.com carwesg at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 11:51:12 PST 2006

HI TEAM,

Just got an e-mail informing that there is a Virus for us, MAc users!!!
What do you think?  I thought a G5 having a firewall was protected!
Are we protected or should we protect ourselves and how?
Any feedback on this?
Thanks,
Carole

New Worm Aims at Macs
By REUTERS

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 16 (Reuters) ? A malicious computer worm has been
found that singles out Apple Computer's Mac OS X operating system,
believed to be the first such virus aimed specifically at the Mac
platform.

The worm is called OSX/Leap-A, according to a posting on the Web site
of the antivirus software company Sophos, which said the worm was
spread via Apple's iChat instant messaging program.