[X-Newbies] MAC VIRUS

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Sat Feb 18 16:57:13 PST 2006

You wrote this on Feb 18, 2006, at 1:36 PM:

>> Um, now that I have read your link it DOES say that you can get
>> this update via the Software Update Control Panel.
>> So that security update is indeed within this update, but only as
>> of 02/14.
>>
>> If you already updated to 10.4.5 prior to the 14th, then I suggest
>> running that Control Panel once again to see if there is any other
>> update in there.

Nowhere did you disclaim this as 'speculation'. You stated it as
fact. As Norman mentioned, you have repeatedly done so on these
lists. You spout your usually misguided opinions and guesses as fact
routinely, usually following up with a "why did Apple ..." tearjerk
session. Fortunately, there are enough knowledgeable denizens of the
lists to point out your errors before the less enlightened can be
misguided or harmed.

I can only hope you are far more careful in what you tell your clients.

--
Scott Buntin